Saturday, March 12, 2005

I Heart Ryan Dusick & Universal Chargers


Alas, he is still not well enough to have started the tour with Maroon 5 tonight in Universal City at the Universal Amphitheatre, but he did show up in the encore for a freaking fantastic rendition of White Stripe's Seven Nation Army as well as his usual Highway to Hell.

The whole show was GREAT. Having pit tickets and being there at a good time, we saw them closer than we ever did at House of Blues. If it weren't for my cursed camera (I was unable to find the right settings in the beginning) I would've gotten great shots, nice and up close. Ehehe... I've never been so close to Ryan before. I can't wait for the Boston show where I get to meet him. =)

Phantom Planet opened and their set renewed my affection for them. I've always thought they were a cool band, but I forgot how awesome they were once their "California" fame faded a bit. Some of the people there either only knew 'the California song' or they had never even heard of them. Don't get me started on the Britney Spears crowd... despite how much I love Maroon 5, I'm starting to realize that they are like the new 'N Sync--rah, did I really make that comparison?--5 cute guys who sing love songs but happen to play instruments. Hopefully, they won't begin manufacturing one dimensional personalities for each of them: the cute one, the eccentric one, the bad one...

ANYWAYS, speaking of California, I noticed that PP didn't have a keyboard or keyboardist, so it made me wonder if they were even going to play the song, since piano was a key component of their rendition. Lo and behold, to the enjoyment and suprise of all of us, Jesse from M5 came out and played the keyboard for them during the song!!!! Not to sound redundant, but it was FREAKING awesome.

I was thinking about what I need to finish packing and I started complaining about the different number of chargers I need to carry around for all of my little electronics. Albert made an interesting suggestion: universal charger!! Instead of lugging around multiple chargers for my camera, iPOD, phone, and laptop, I could just have one! :) Boo on packing. It appears that I'll be up all night tonight since I don't want to risk missing my flight in the morning.

This week at home as been lovely. I almost contemplated forgoeing my SF trip just to spend a little more time at home. I accomplished none of the things that I wanted to do during this week. I didn't study for my physics test, didn't read either of the books I brought, failed to complete my loan application and intern license application, and forgot to renew my FAFSA (which, BTW, I better do ASAP because it's due next Weds.) I also wanted to make a few t-shirts, but sadly, another task I lagged and procrastinated on doing. The one thing I did accomplish was go to all of my favorite restaurants and had a lot of uber-delicious food. My tummy is verra happy.

More Gavin and M5 pics to come...